Wednesday, April 02, 2008

33.333%

I am 1/3 the way through this pregnancy... which is hard to believe. I definitely feel great, but I am getting a tummy much sooner than last time (when looking back at old pictures and comparing). It's still not obvious to strangers because I've been wearing jackets or vests a lot, but if I wear something fitted, it might make them wonder. I suppose this is normal with a 2nd baby, but it's hard to be in the "in-between" phase where normal clothes don't fit quite right, and maternity clothes are too big and would just look silly. I have a Bella Band that I might have to start using soon to help with the transition. In the meantime I've been wearing my elastic waistband black pants pretty much every day (but my jeans do still fit!).

As for the baby - he or she is about three inches long from head to bottom, has all it's teeth waiting under the gums, ankles and wrists, and separated digits and fingerprints! It might suck its thumb if it feels so inclined, and those parts that distinguish the "he" from the "she" are developed enough to tell the difference (if we wanted to find out). Basically it's a fully-formed human that just needs to grow in size.

3 comments:

amberWIRE said...

I am so excited about your fully-formed human!

Leticia said...

Congratulations!!! I know how you feel about getting bigger sooner! It happens to the best of us ;)

Aletha VanderMaas said...

How exciting!!