- He is insistent on self-feeding, getting pretty good with a fork and spoon, hates if you try to feed him, (screams "no" and pushes your fork-wielding hand away violently).
- He no longer uses a sippy lid, and has mastered drinking from a "normal" cup or glass, does not spill and dump it all on is face. He might tip it over on purpose, just for the purpose of splashing in liquid on his tray. Drops bits of food into his drink. Grr..
- Trying to jump (he's really close) - see previous entry.
- Dances to music - seems to respond most to hard rock - and spins in a circle.
- CLIMBS a lot! Climbs onto chairs and tables, and into bins, baskets, and drawers.
- Opens cabinets and drawers and empties them (loves the draw with tea packets and coffee).
- Says lots of new words every week, we stopped keeping track, but no sentences. Uses plural "s" correctly sometimes.
- Says, "peez... peez!" ("please") whenever he sees you eating something.
- Still loves bathtime, stands up in the tub to get a reaction. Loves to splash!
- Good at following directions, like "put the ___ in the basket."
- Can identify (by patting or pointing) his tummy, feet, eyes, hands, nose, mouth, ears, head, and his "pee pee". If anyone has suggestions for a better name for it, please let me know! Thought there should be an understanding before we start potty training (we haven't yet).
- When he points to his nose he always says, "beep!"
- Eats sand and dirt.
- He's getting a couple molars!
- Enjoys hiding. What are you doing? "hiding". Crouches into corners and in closets.
- His physical "stats" are unknown, his appointment is at the end of this month. All I know is, he's getting heavy!
Tuesday, April 13, 2010
Henry - 18 months
Well - I need some big parenting demerits because I have been completely neglectful of record keeping in the form of a baby book - relying on this blog as a resource for information when I get around to it. Awful! Someday, an incredible baby book for both kids, as well as beautiful family albums, will grace our shelves. That being said, here's what Henry is up to at 18 months.