Friday, October 22, 2010

Reality Check

I looked around and felt slightly amused (if not exhausted) by the scene unfolding around me, so I grabbed a camera and snapped a photo. Then today I decided to procrastinate and make note of the details that sum up life around the home... that is, when I am trying to work. Pretty sure you have to click the picture to read any of the captions..

In a nutshell, they are wonderful kids. They of course have their moments, but what preschoolers don't, seriously? I just find that it's such a striking, instant, difference in their behavior from when I am playing with them and paying 100% attention to them... to the instant I stop, they switch into crazy mode! Needless to say, next year I might have to consider one or two days a week putting Henry in some kind of daycare or getting a nanny. Lucy will be in kindergarten. A few hours of peace, a couple days a week, would do wonders. I think right now it's a tough time to run a business and be a SAHM. It won't always be this way, with all the chaos.

At least I can laugh about it... sometimes.

9 comments:

Katie @ the terpblog said...

That is too funny! That really is "a day in the life" :)

Kamarah said...

LOVE it - so hilarious. I think my house may look like that every morning right before the kids are ready to get on the bus. :)

iamchibee said...

Adorable son... and nice kitchen! Your place is bright and warm, just right for your growing kiddos :)

mj said...

Ohhhh,you have a great kitchen. So bright and refreshing. Nice pictures. Hope to see more of it.

Landscape Lighting Austin, Texas | Alaska fly fishing lodge

hapi said...

Hi Mindy, Nice blog you got here! try visit my new post: Blog SEO Tutorial: How to Choose the Best Title For Post. I hope you will learn something from it. Have a great day!

mollyd said...

The comment you made about someone being in the refrigerator made me laugh, out loud. Cute :)

Anonymous said...

Mindy, Do you know that Forex Is Highest Paying Keyword in Google Adsense? Learn how to use Forex here:

Maxine Carter said...

I loved it all the way, made me laugh.

Maxi dresses for weddings

annie said...

echarpe juicy
echarpe louis vuitton
echarpe paulsmith
echarpe polo
sac
sac burberry
sac chanel
sac chloe
sac coach
sac dior
sac dolce gabbana
sac gucci
sac guess
sac hermes
sac jimmy choo
sac juicy
sac louis vuitton
sac michael kors
sac prada
sac versace