Friday, January 19, 2007

Stampin' Up!

Well... a little while ago my friend Caroline invited me to a Stampin' Up party at her house. I knew there would be at least a few people there that I knew, and it would be a good way to force myself to get "away".. even for just a couple hours. Besides, I'd probably get to go home with a souvenir project (I did), and some great ideas. So, the party was last night (Thursday). Of course I didn't buy anything (although I saw many things I wish I could have gotten), but the point was that I am motivated to get back into scrapbooking... Maybe not to the extent that some people take it, with all the doo-dads and expensive embellishments (and all the tools etc. required to affix them), but at least to start getting some pages done. I do like to keep things simple, but seeing the demonstrator make her projects, which actually seemed simple watching her do it... it really is amazing what you can do with the right stuff. A person could literally spend thousands of dollars on this hobby. Stampin' Up is similar to Creative Memories, but involves (obviously) more stamping! Other than that they seem the same to me (but I'm no expert). The nice thing is you can make your own decorative paper with the stamps, to use as backgrounds. You can use letter stamps, and other designs... you can do all kinds of things! I think I'll have to just get back to the giant scrapbook project looming in the closet, and maybe pick up a few items from a craft/hobby store later. I can't be ordering the kits and sets they were offering last night. I wish! I watched my friends greedily filling out the order forms ("if you order $100 of supplies you get a free... whatever") and I was thinking "HA! Ron would kill me!".

But, I got a glass of wine, a free card (that I made), snacks, and some inspiration.

No comments: