Wednesday, November 15, 2006

8 Hours!

Lucy's face is already clearing up! Don't know if it's the vinegar, keeping her face up while she sleeps (using rolled cloth diapers to stop her from laying her cheek on the bed), or if it's just time working things out, but it looks much better today...

Last night she had her usual "fussy" time around 9:00 PM, so instead of trying to ride it out and get her to take a nap (which is almost always impossible.. I get her all calmed down, she appears to be asleep and I lay her in the crib.. only to have her wake up screaming 2 min. later.. so...), I just gave her another small bottle. We almost always "give up" and give her one anyway, and by then it usually has been about 2 hours since she last ate (which isn't long, but it's not like she JUST ate)... so anyway, there is a definite pattern to this, and I think she just needs to eat a little bit more to settle down for bedtime. For whatever reason, it works... and she was asleep around 9:45 or 10:00 PM.

Around 3 AM I heard her making little whiney groaning noises, and I thought she was waking up to eat. I went downstairs and got a bottle ready, and went into her room to get her up. I saw that she was sound asleep! She must have just been in a light sleep phase, and drifted back off... no complaints here. I put the bottle in the fridge and went back to bed. Around 5:00 I woke up again and couldn't believe that she was still sleeping. So I did the stupid thing that apparently everyone does at some point: I went to check on her and see if she was still breathing. She was, of course, so I went back to bed for another hour. She finally woke up around 6:00 AM... so between 10:00 and 6:00 = 8 hours of sleep. That's sleeping through the night! Hope she keeps it up, but even if she doesn't, at least the capability is there, so that's a good first step.

No comments: