Wednesday, November 29, 2006

In the 60's!

I can't believe this weather. I was reading back in my journal and saw an entry from mid-October, the weather was in the 50's and I was like, "oh we won't have a day this nice again for several months". I guess I was wrong. It's supposed to start cooling off after today though.

I went to the mall yesterday to help my mom pick out some new clothes for her trip to Chicago. Lucy slept the whole time. She seems to do that whenever we're out and about, so I guess I shouldn't worry too much about running errands with her. However, if we're out too long, she sleeps through her feeding time, and it sort of throws her "schedule" off. I think that is why all the holiday partying messed her up a little. At home, things stay fairly routine. It's weird how that works...

I got molasses and am going to attempt gingerbread cookies in a couple of weeks. I tried once, years ago, and they burned. I discovered that they burn very easily, so it's crucial to monitor the cookies closely while baking... they go from raw to ruined in about 10 seconds. At least that one time I tried... maybe the recipe you use makes a difference. Either way, I got snowflake shaped cookie cutters and I am going to pipe icing on to make the designs. I'll do my best and hopefully have better luck this time.

No comments: