Monday, November 27, 2006

Napping Again

Okay, after the holiday weekend, Lucy's nap schedule was all but completely dismantled. She would become over-tired and cranky at night, doing everything in her power not to fall asleep. After a decent night (10:15-3:30-7:30) she is a much happier, more alert little girl. I even have her down for a morning nap (usually don't have success at that till closer to 11 AM). She'll wake up and want to eat again, and hopefully the cycle can continue like this. If she stays well-rested, she will generally have better sleeping habits, and hopefully soon be sleeping through the night! I would sure love that! I can't believe that for the last 8 weeks I have been essentially functioning on naps, with a couple exceptional nights of 6-8 hours of continuous sleep. It's a good thing I have gotten my taste for coffee back. I think I figured out what the challenge of parenthood really is... it's not the caretaking tasks, or even the emotional giving that takes its toll. Those things come very naturally. What is difficult is the fact that there really is no end of the day... it just keeps going! That's why a night away here and there can do wonders. I miss her so much when she's not with me, but I am grateful for a chance to think about something else. It's good to have her back though.

I can't believe this weather - it's late November and in the mid-50's! I almost wish it would snow so it would feel more Christmasy, but I'm sure we'll get our fair share soon enough. I'll just enjoy this warm spell for the time being and maybe even take a walk this afternoon...

No comments: