Monday, November 20, 2006

Happy Holidays (already!)

I know this is a bit early for some people, but I have started getting ready for the holidays around our house. I put the green pine garland on the front porch, with red bows at each post. I think it looks pretty nice (and I am glad it's done, and I didn't wait until a snowstorm to put it up, like the last 2 years).

I also put up and decorated the small tree in the dining room. The big tree (for the living room) may not go up until after Thanksgiving, but we haven't decided for sure. The greens with little white lights are up above the kitchen windows (that's easy.. and it was time for the fall leaves to come down).

Yesterday was the big Thanksgiving dinner at the Hiddemas. I was smart and didn't stuff myself. Lucy slept almost the entire time. Afterward we went to the Wnuk's for a party they were having (for the last NASCAR race of the season... but I really am not into NASCAR, so whatever). Lisa took a picture of Lucy and Lauren in the crib at her house... I am waiting for her to e-mail it to me so I can post it :). They're only 9 days apart, so they're about the same size... it was really cute to see our little girls laying in there... again Lucy slept almost the whole time we were there (which in turn made her stay up a bit later than usual, but the night was just as easy as any other). We finally met Keith's girlfriend Shannon... she seems really nice. I'm happy he found a good girl who appreciates him. I hope things work out for the best. I have a feeling they will...

No comments: