Friday, February 23, 2007

Another Blast From the Past

With the drastic changes that have taken place in my life over the last year, it seems like I am, in many ways, a totally new person. I have grown a lot and there really is no turning back. Also, there are friends from the past who could easily be tucked away forever into a closed chapter of life ("Before Baby"?), or our high school and college years. Full of fond memories, but never to return!

Somehow just the opposite seems to be happening - in the past 2 months we have gotten together with my college roommate and her husband, a friend of Ron's from high school and her husband, I got back in touch with my friend Eric from college (who lives in Vermont) - he called last night and we caught up a little bit. He might be in Michigan in May so maybe we can all get together out at New Holland Brew Co. or something. It was so weird - I was always trying to find an e-mail address or phone number, but only thanks to myHope, a new system set up by Hope College for alumni, did we finally cross paths again (over e-mail and phone). I'm really excited about this opportunity to find out where all these old friends of mine have ended up. I have stayed in touch with a handful, but I think about how many people that I was so close with, until graduation sent us in different directions. Hmm... well, either way it's been fun so far, and I hope this pattern keeps up...

It's just someone taking that first step. With a little bit of effort we've managed to rekindle friendships that will hopefully last well into future chapters...

1 comment:

Kelly said...

i hadn't ever heard of that myHope thing. it's pretty cool, and i got my pass for it. i've emailed a couple of people so far - pretty nice thing they got set up there.