Friday, February 02, 2007

Groundhog Day

As it happens, Punxsutawney Phil did not see his shadow this morning, which means an early spring is on the way. Thank goodness. I'm chilly.

"This is one time where television really fails to capture the true excitement of a large squirrel predicting the weather."

That's a quote from one of my favorite movies - Groundhog Day. And what better day to pull it out, dust if off, and watch it. I think this is the one time each year where we are guaranteed to do just that. And I love Bill Murray!

This date is also significant to me (and easy to remember...) since it was one year ago today that I found out that I was pregnant... officially - since I already had a pretty good feeling after I almost threw up from a sip of coffee (the horror!). Well, I'm back to drinking coffee of course, but I can't believe how much life has changed in the last 365 days. I couldn't imagine from just seeing two lines on a stick (a faint test line is still a line!) where I would be one year later.

No comments: