Monday, February 26, 2007

A New Little Friend

This morning I read my e-mail and learned that my friend Laura had her baby Sunday morning, Feb. 25. I think that was either her due date, or one day off. Anyway, she was thinking it was a boy, and honestly I was too (not sure what I base this on... it's just a guess from a "feeling", so whatever), but she had a baby girl, Courtney Elizabeth. She was 7 pounds 9 ounces. Laura was really nervous about the labor and delivery, and I'm anxious to hear her story. I'm sure she did great, and the e-mail from her best friend doesn't mention anything about any complications. I am so excited for her, and I can't wait to visit them.

Only a few days before Laura had her baby, my cousin's wife had their boy - Ryder Jay. He was 8 pounds 9 ounces, 20.5 inches long, born at 2:24 AM. She is recovering slowly but surely after having not-so-easy a time. I look forward to meeting this new baby as well.

It'll be weird to see and hold a newborn, because I'm used to our almost 5-month-old, and I am betting that I won't believe how tiny she, too, used to be. Fun times.

Meanwhile, Lucy's cold seemed to have vanished, but now reappered in the form of a sore throat. Pretty good only having one illness in the first 5 months. Anyway, she's just taking it easy. No fever, so I'm not too worried about an infection, like strep. All I can do is watch her temp, and give her baby Tylenol and lots of rest. Speaking of which, I hear a hoarse sounding cry - gotta run!

No comments: