Wednesday, February 06, 2008

After an Awkward Pause and Confused Look, I'd say, "she's a girl"...

When Lucy was little (well, she's still little, but I mean really little) she did not have as much hair as some of her little infant girl friends. Of course we think she's been beautiful since day one, but it would always sting just a bit when strangers would say things like, "hi little fella!" or "what a big boy!". Nevermind the fact that she's been swathed in pink and purple to compensate for her lack of luxurious locks. Only now do I really feel that her hair makes her look decidedly feminine, but I still hesitate to dress her in something that doesn't clearly feature flowers, or noticeable amounts of pink or purple (and I think others can agree that gets a little sickening after a while).

But Katie just sent me a link to a site that I wish I would have known about a year ago: Brilliant Bows, which has a huge selection of bows and clips for baby girls with even the finest trace of hair, and they're guaranteed to stay in. They still might be good for Lucy, since she doesn't have tons of hair yet, and what she does have is quite fine. I was never a big fan of the stretchy headband because they left weird textured imprints on Lucy's head (even if they weren't tight), so this is a good alternative to that option, especially for those still sporting peach fuzz.

2 comments:

Katie @ the terpblog said...

I'm going to give them a try! We'll see if they are as good as advertised :)

Heath said...

If it makes you feel any better, people thought I was a little girl when I was a toddler because I had full head of curly blonde hair.