Monday, March 16, 2009

After This Post, I Am Napping

Wow, today I feel really icky. Saturday night we went out for a friend's birthday, to Tequila Willy's, yeah... there was a stabbing there Friday night apparently. Sweet. Anyway, we were up in a loft area, so I am assuming I inhaled a large quantity of second-hand smoke. Yuck! On top of the fact that I had a few drinks, and stayed up way too late. Oh, and last night we forced ourselves to stay up late enough to watch all of Brothers & Sisters. Sunday I wasn't feeling too hot, but today it's worse. I am definitely not a baby, or someone who likes to be babied, but I ache all over my whole body, and have a really sore throat. My skin is ultra-sensitive, which is weird, because it kind of hurts when my pants rub against my legs. What is that all about? Blah blah blah. Yesterday we went for a really long walk around the neighborhood, and it was nice to get some fresh air. I think we may have to get out again this afternoon.

Ron hung the shelves in our nooks, but they still need to be stained to match the rest of the woodwork in our great room. It already looks much nicer and more organized. There is even a spot to put our record player and records, so I have been listening to some vinyl lately. It's relaxing. What would appear to be an "easy" job (although that's always relative) was definitely more complicated than anyone will know. The nooks are not perfectly square in back, and in order to get the shelves to fit nicely, much tweaking was necessary. At least he has all the woodworking tools and machinery needed for a project like that.

Still no more progress on the tiling, because we have to start cutting tiles with the wet saw. We want to chip away at that this week. It seems like there is always something to do around here. Most people have it that way, I know. I can't wait till our to-do list doesn't involve major home improvement projects, but instead has little things like "wipe down shelves in fridge" or "replace lighbulb on porch," like normal people. We love this house though, and knew when we bought it we'd have a lot of work to do. We just want the big stuff to be behind us.

No comments: