Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Camera

Well, I have a new camera - a Canon 40D - and have spent some time getting to know the ins-and-outs. It features some more customizable settings and functions, so it I had to give myself a little crash course over the last day or so. Luckily, it is pretty intuitive and many of the menus and settings are set up similar to my other camera. When I first got it, I charged up the battery, set the date/time, formatted my CF card, and a couple other little things, and started taking some snapshots of the kids. I wasn't too blown away by the results, but realized that it was because I was looking for super crispy images, and the camera actually lets you adjust the picture's softness/sharpness, and the default is somewhere in the middle. I like people's eyes to be tack-sharp and skin to be bright, and once I changed a couple settings, I finally was "wowed" by some SOOC shots.

There are many aspects about this camera that are a lot better than my Rebel Xt. It was definitely worth the upgrade for my business, and I can't wait to use it for a couple upcoming sessions this spring!

No comments: