Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Bonus Ultrasound

So today I had my 12 week checkup with Dr. Grey. Almost always by this time (or earlier) a heartbeat can be found with the Doppler. After a valiant effort, she was unable to find one, so as you can imagine I was getting a bit nervous. Apparently everything is still tucked really far down so it made it hard, and she kept assuring me that she wasn't worried, but just to be sure she snuck me in for an ultrasound...

Immediately when the image appeared on the screen, the technician saw our baby kicking and flailing like crazy, and rotated the monitor to show me our super-active baby (they always keep the monitor turned away from you until after they know it's okay for you to look, especially since this was a "viability check", which is strange...). Of course, the heart was beating away as normal as can be (155 bpm). It was cool to see the fingers and other tiny details that weren't really present on the 8 week scan. She took a few pictures for me, and even used the 4D transducer (why it's called 4D) (which is always pretty cool). No boy or girl parts would be visible quite yet, so don't strain your eyes...


Put 'em up!

1 comment:

Tara said...

Congratulations!