Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Pyrex

A little over a year ago I decided that I wanted to start collecting vintage Pyrex pieces... Ron, Lucy, and I were at an antique store and I kept noticing all the fun colors and patterns - they had so many great pieces I wish I would have taken advantage and gotten more! We'll have to go back. Anyway, I bought my first large bowl and since then have acquired only a couple more pieces. I'm trying to stick with a color scheme of turquoise/teal, oranges, and greens - but I've already deviated from that with a black and white snowflake dish.
Here's an example (although I don't own this):
I like collecting these because they're very affordable, common, fun, and easy to find. They don't have to be in mint condition to look good, either. I think I need to get back into it, because until recently I hadn't added anything to my collection, but my mom found a set of mixing bowls (Butterprint) for $3 at a garage sale. Check out all these amazing patterns.

2 comments:

Trish said...

wow, i didn't realize there were so many different designs! I'm pretty sure my mom has some of those!

Mindy said...

my mom has some of the avocado green daisy ones (a wedding gift), but they're pretty worn out... there are tons on eBay - which could be dangerous! :)