Wednesday, May 09, 2007

A Whole New World...

artistic little image
This morning Lucy actually crawled, technically. She lunged forward and collapsed after just a couple of moves, but she did it... a little! She will probably get better at it over the next couple of days, and will soon be all over the place. From what I hear, it's just "all of a sudden" they figure it out and become instant pro's. I can do some baby-proofing, but something tells me she will discover hidden dangers that I can't even predict!

The timing isn't too terrible though, since we're beginning to de-clutter and super-clean our home in preparation for putting it on the market. There will be less breakables and personal mementos around for her to scatter, and although I want her to explore freely, I want it to be a safe envirement for her... and not go around behind her "undoing" what she does. Exciting! Scary! I'll keep practicing with her and she'll soon be crawling - and then I'll think, "Why was I in such a hurry to help her gain this skill!?"

1 comment:

Kelly said...

awesome picture. and congrats on the milestone!