Wednesday, August 13, 2008

32

So here's my big belly in all it's pale glory (I'm not bold enough to sunbathe in a bikini while pregnant... if I were even much of a sunbather in the first place). It seems that for the past few weeks I get a bit bigger every day. It's hard for me to see myself as I really am sometimes - when some people say I look small, but I catch my reflection or look at a photo and think I am huge! I guess I'm somewhere in the normal range, and look similar to how I did with Lucy when I compare photos. At 32 weeks, depending on how you count, I'm almost 8 months along!
I can tell the baby is having it's big growth spurt now, putting on almost half a pound a week (which means I get to gain weight rapidly as well)! At this point he or she is about 4 pounds and close to 19 inches long. It is fully developed and is simply piling on the baby fat at this point. The typical discomforts of pregnancy are here, but thankfully they are minimal. Regularly hoisting a giant toddler probably makes this harder on my back than the first time around. Also, I am almost through my first bottle of antacids. I find myself assuming that the baby will come a tad early like Lucy did, born at 38 weeks 3 days (my due date was/is accurate both times). I know nothing is guaranteed, but it would be nice, wouldn't it!

No comments: