Thursday, August 07, 2008

Frederik Meijer Gardens

Today Ron, Lucy, and I went to breakfast at Perkins - kids eat free on Tuesdays and Thursdays! Then we took Lucy to my parents' house and Ron and I went to Frederik Meijer Gardens & Sculpture Park. Neither of us had ever been there! We basically just walked around looking at the sculptures and plants - and of course the big "American Horse". I was pretty tired by the time we left, and we were dying of thirst. I took pictures but nothing came out too outstanding. We determined that there were quite a few things Lucy would have loved, and a lot of things she would not have cared about at all! The Lena Meijer Children's Garden would be the place to spend 95% of our time if we bring her there. We'll take our kids to the butterfly exhibit for sure, next spring.

Christmas idea!!! I want one of these for our backyard (probably my favorite sculptures we saw while walking):Also, today is our 4th anniversary! It's weird how quickly the time has gone by, and how many ups and downs have happened in such a relatively short number of years. I have to say, not too many other people would understand (put up with) me and my moods the way Ron does! Not that I'm terrible to live with (neither of us is perfect), but I appreciate having someone who I can trust to love me unconditionally. And occasionally buy me Sour Patch Kids.

2 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Happy Anniversary Guys!
Mindy - You're such a great photographer! I love looking at your pictures.

Leticia said...

Happy Anniversary! :D