Sunday, August 03, 2008

Mellow Yellow

Today my mom took Lucy back to her house after church, and I went to Lowe's and picked out a new gallon of yellow paint. I went home and put on the first coat - it looks a lot better! I will probably go back over it tonight and make sure I cover everything evenly, but I could actually get away with just the one coat. I found a color called "Shiny Silk", which is a slightly warmer (less greenish), very light yellow. It is still a cheerful shade but without the Day-Glo effect. It looks good with the bedding, and I think the baby will like it. I feel much better now.

The room is a disaster with all the furniture in the middle (Ron will have to move it all out of the room, which involves disassembling the crib, etc. in order to get the old carpet out, and the new carpet installed). I'm not bothering to arrange anything and get it set up until after the new carpet goes in... so for a few more weeks it's not going to look very cute. At least my work is almost done...

No comments: