Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Just Dandy

Last night Ron took Lucy for a walk through the neighborhood (she brought along a magnifying glass to explore nature). I had just put Henry down for a nap, and I felt a little frazzled. I just wanted a break, so I stayed home. Oh, and it's probably better that someone is at the house while our infant son is sleeping in his crib. Anyway, I laid awake on the couch staring out the transom windows at the trees. I did not move a muscle. It was wonderful.

Then Ron and Lucy returned home and came to the front door, strangely enough. In her hands she had a little bouquet of dandelions... how sweet. "Here ya go mama!"

I put them in a little vase with some water, expecting them not to last very long. In fact, by evening they were already closing up and dying. Or so I thought...
I should have known better than to think they were wilting already, they were just going to sleep. They actually woke up in the morning and are healthy as can be, reaching toward the window light. So, dandelions, I know how you feel at the end of the day... wanting to curl up and maybe even looking a little ragged. Or a lot ragged.
Weeping may endure for a night,
But joy comes in the morning.
Psalm 30:5

Don't get me wrong all you other dandelions out there... we are still going to annihilate you.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Great post Mindy! Love the Psalms passage!