Friday, November 09, 2007

Handy Dandy

I just added a feature to my Picasa program which uploads directly to SmugMug without having to open the website and click on a series of tabs to select the album, and drag and drop files, etc. Before you were also forbidden to browse away from the site while uploading, and now that is no longer a factor. It seems equally fast, too.

I highly recommend SmugMug to anyone who shares large quantities of photos with friends and family. I can't say for sure how many people visit ours, but I love having it - if only for a backup of all our best photos. It's beautifully organized and has many fun features like keywords, quick sorting, password protection options, gallery styles, and purchasing, to name a few. We've been using it for a few years now, and it keeps getting better and better.

And as for Picasa, it certainly does not have the depth of features as say, Adobe Photoshop, but for quick everyday editing, it is much easier than anything else I've used, and you can do the main adjustments and even some cool enhancements in a matter of seconds.

No comments: