I think it's been a while since I did any kind of Top 10 List so I decided I'm going to create a new one...
Top 10 Lessons Learned From Our Recent Home-Improvement Project(s)
10. If you're going to have to use the bathroom as a kitchen, it is especially helpful to have a dual-vanity.
9. Have at least one "finished" spot in the house to escape to.
8. Small fights are inevitable. A couple big ones might be too...
7. Don't hold grudges from those fights... you were just under a lot of stress and taking it out on the poor sap in your path. It's not personal (luckily we are pro's at letting them go instantly).
6. Four free matching bar-height stools can be a highlight of your week.
5. Cut out the hole for the floor vent in the padding RIGHT AWAY so you remember not to cover it up with new flooring.
4. Keep a little wine handy at all times.
3. In the meantime, don't neglect your yard work.
2. Babies/toddlers really don't pull their weight when it comes to working on projects.
1. Seeing our ideas become reality makes all the cuts, bruises, dust, sweat, and sarcastic remarks worthwhile.