Tuesday, June 26, 2007

9 Month Checkup

Today Lucy had to go see Dr. Taylor again - this time at the Fulton location (where my mom used to take Kelly and me). Lucy was measured and weighed - and she is continuing to measure off the charts for length, and around 80th percentile for weight - 20 lb 14.5 oz.! Wow!!! I can't believe she is almost 21 pounds. Mostly because I remember my arms getting tired when she was 10 pounds, carrying her around all the time, lifting her, etc. Now I know my arms must be much stronger...

She had to get two shots, and she was already cranky from all the prodding and crinkly paper on the table... so Ron got to witness the spectacle of immunizations (only 2 this time). She squeezed her eyes shut and had her mouth wide open, but no sound was coming out for the first few seconds... then a deep breath and an ear-piercing shriek that I'm sure scared all the kids in the waiting room. There's no way she could hear our comforting words over the sound of her screams...

We didn't really have any questions about her development, other than her little navel hernia that still popping out, especially after a big meal. The doctor thinks it will vanish on its own before too much longer.

We gave her a bottle right after her shots to calm her down, and then walked around the grounds by John Ball Zoo (but didn't go into the zoo itself)... and by the way, it is hot today! We came home and now she's sound asleep. Next time we go back, she'll be 1 year old!

2 comments:

Tara said...

I think that's where we used to go as kids too!! We saw Dr. Baker. Small world. I hold every doctor we visit to his standard. :)

Mindy said...

Oh yeah? Usually we go to the office on Prairie and Ivanrest... you guys went to Grandville Christian, right? Hopefully you can find someone great to take Myles to in Cincinatti! Shots are the worst!