Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Strong Legs, Long Hair!

This evening we had to find a way to keep Lucy entertained for a little while longer, before it was time for her to go to bed. She can get bored/frustrated easily, so we went outside where there is always something new to look at, and it's easy for her to romp around. We spent some time making her practice standing and like the amazing child she is, she got better and better by the minute. I had to run inside and grab the camera:

She actually can stand for several seconds before tipping over (at which point Ron quickly catches her and straightens her back up). She mostly did this when she was trying to go for one of the dogs (we were dogsitting Kelsey today). Some of our other photos show her waving at them (another new trick she likes to do - even if there is no one waving to her!)....


The other news: I got a barrette to stay in her hair! I know it's not really necessary, but since her hair has just enough length to it, I thought it was worth a shot... I can't wait until it's long enough for braids and ponytails!

2 comments:

Leticia said...

I love the barrette! How fun that she's standing already! Better do baby proofing round #2 :) You and Katie inspired me to post more pictures of Madisyn when she was younger... thanks, because it gave me a good excuse to look though old pics and reminisce!

Katie @ the terpblog said...

I love Lucy's barrette. Let me say again that I think baby girls with hair are amazing.

Yay, for a showing! Good luck with everything. I'm thinking we should start a house selling support group...