Monday, June 11, 2007

A Case of the Mondays

Today has been one of those days. I'm sure all of you have had worse days, but relative to our daily normal routine, it's been somewhat exhausting (including sucky trim-painting up really high on a ladder, paintbrush taped to a pool pole... sun in your eyes). We're trying to get some jobs done before our open house on Saturday, and some of those jobs require 2 people, which means the best time to do such things is during Lucy's ever-decreasing naps. She takes a short one in the morning, and if things go according to plan, a longer one in the afternoon. A couple of barking dogs later, the afternoon nap was cut short and from that point things continued. Ron gave Lucy peaches for part of her dinner, and although we both would think that isn't a problem, they just don't seem to sit well. Upset tummy + not enough nappy = baby won't stop crying. I even busted out the ol' Gloworm, which held her attention for several minutes. An early bath and bedtime for Lucy. She seems pleased to be down for the evening, and risking lightning striking me from Heaven, I am pleased as well. She can be such a happy girl 95% of the time, but tonight she was against the odds. Time for my glass of wine.

The highlight: meeting someone from the hippy commune across the street when her dog came to make friends with our dog.

2 comments:

Leticia said...

I feel your pain :) I am so sorry you had an exhausting and stressful day! Tomorrow will be better, back to the normal happy Lucy! Hope you enjoyed your glass of wine (I sure enjoyed my rum and coke tonight :) ).

Kelly said...

yeah, the morning of my monday was about on par with yours, but improved a lot by the time the end of the workday came around. a lot of it had to do with boomshine....