Tuesday, June 05, 2007

No, My Computer Isn't Broken...

I just haven't had a whole lot to write about - same old, same old around here.

We've been working on the pool. Ugh. It's green, but that's normal for just opening it. The good thing is: no leaves in the pool. So, as long as we can vacuum up the algae and get things moving, it should clear up much more easily this year. It's just so much work (maybe other pool-owners out there have had an easier time, but) for us if it's not one thing, it's another... something in our filter broke so Ron had to buy a new part. Now everything is working fine... we just find it difficult to devote time to the pool with a lot of other projects going on. Today, however, we should be able to make some real progress.

Apparently school is canceled (exams) for East Kentwood grades 9-12 today, but no word on why that is. The call went out early this morning, and the superintendent said he was going to talk about why at 7:00 a.m., but then it got bumped to 10:00 a.m. All the secrecy has me very curious. Of course, it's not weather related. If it was something like a water or power outage, they would have said so. Parents and media have been calling and school officials refuse to say anything! Isn't that odd?

2 comments:

amberWIRE said...

Hi Minday! I just read this post, and all the post before it, and I love how you write! You're stories are hilarious and I am inspired to be a better writer myself. I love your blog! Have a great day!

amberWIRE said...

Aaaand looking back on what I just posted somehow an "a" slipped into your name. Sneaky little "a"