Tuesday, October 07, 2008

Calm

Here's a photo of our little boy from yesterday, looking peaceful.... (awwwww)

We've only known him for 9 days (I've known him a bit longer in a way, but only to the extent that he likes to be in a tight little ball - he still loves being swaddled)... but we're starting to see a tiny glimpse of Henry's personality. Ron and I both think he is a bit more mellow than Lucy was. He does not cry much or need much soothing to settle back down. I guess I vaguely remember Lucy having crying jags that would last an hour or more, usually late at night. They weren't terrible but I remember calming her down took a bit more effort. He cries when he's hungry and after he eats he is content and soon falls back asleep. He also spits out a pacifier and makes a face like he's thinking, "what is this silly contraption you keep offering to me?" Yet he does not suck his thumb...

He eats almost 3 oz. every 3-4 hours. Therefore, his nighttime schedule isn't too bad... if he eats around 11:00 or midnight, then at 3 AM, and then it's morning again. So, really I feel like I'm getting up only once in the middle of the night. I can handle that!

Lucy has actually been very happy lately, especially since she has a few new toys to keep her occupied. I think that having a birthday has helped a lot with her dealing with a baby taking my attention. Then again when Henry is sleeping, I play with Lucy. In fact, I probably play with her more than I did during the last few weeks of my pregnancy, when I was so tired!

3 comments:

aletha :: pearls events said...

He looks so precious! What an amazing gift. These photos make me want to start our family right away...but then I remember I'm really not ready for a 2 year old any time soon :) Thanks for letting me live vicariously through your photos of baby Henry!

Katie said...

He is so beautiful, Mindy!

Kelly said...

super cute picture! lucy will have one more toy and a new favorite t-shirt by tomorrow morning!