Thursday, October 16, 2008

Checkup + Cookies

Yesterday I brought Henry to the pediatrician for his 2 week checkup. My mom came over and watched Lucy so I didn't have to bring her with. Henry was 9 lbs at birth (then lost about 2.5 oz.) and as of yesterday is up to 9 lb. 13 oz.! That seemed extremely high to me, but apparently it's only the 75th percentile for weight for boys (which is still up there, but not as drastically high as I thought). He also grew from 21 inches to 22 1/4 (90th %). Everything else is fine and we go back at 2 months for lots of shots!!!

This afternoon I made sugar cookie dough to make leaf-shaped cutout cookies. I went to get a lighter out of drawer (for a candle) and stumbled upon my oak leaf cookie cutter and got inspired. Lucy and Henry are both asleep so I quickly got the dough made, and plan on possibly baking them later tonight. It all depends on the amount of chaos going on and whether or not I'll be able to devote the time. If not, dough stays good in the fridge/freezer for a while! It's a good TV watching night and our great room is set up nicely to watch TV while baking or cooking. Sounds like fun to me...

1 comment:

Ron said...

COOKIES?!?!?!?!

Sounds GREAT to me!