Thursday, May 29, 2008

Sweet Dreams

So, I think some of you have been checking back to see photos of Lucy's room. Well here you go. I was having a hard time getting the entire room in one shot (I took some with a different camera later and posted them all here), but you get the idea. There are 30 different words written around the room... that they fit perfectly was a miracle. I made a list and when I had a hard time thinking of more words, I got started painting, and apparently I had all I needed. There are also little painted stars and glittery swirls. It took me quite a while to hand paint everything as neatly as I could, and when it comes to this type of stuff I am a perfectionist! We put the trim up last night to finish off the border.


Here's Lucy sitting on her bed... and the new mattress from Craigslist (which is way nicer than the one we bought at Babies "R" Us two years ago). As soon as we get some new sheets, pillow, etc. I am going to try to have her take naps in there, so when the baby comes she will be totally ready to sleep in her new room all the time... and I'm thinking this is going to take some effort on all our parts to get her toddler-bed trained! I'm not so worried about her falling out (she can handle it), but I am sure she'll be getting out of bed repeatedly and we'll have to do the Super-Nanny thing where we put her back in it over... and over... until she gives up! What fun!
I don't know a little girl who doesn't like sparkly things...
Here you can see a closer picture of some of the glitter:

No glitter yet when this was taken, but I still like the picture - Lucy actually goes up and points to this word and says "wish" perfectly! I'm not sure if she's reading it or if she just remembers what it says because we told her... or is that what reading is? Hmmm...

6 comments:

Trish said...

Cute bedroom. I wouldn't worry too much about the big switch! We did it with Addie and it really isn't that terrible. Yes she does get out, but it is soo cute and funny when we see her come sneaking out of her bedroom, as if we can't see her, and try and stand there as long as possible before she gets "caught" All in all she does really well, she is in a twin size bed that is pretty tall and she can't get back in when she gets out, so we've found her sleeping in weird places from time to time:)

Katie @ the terpblog said...

So cute! How creative of you!

Kelly said...

Looks great Mindy. I'm sure she'll love her new room. :)

Leticia said...

Wow! Looks great! AND Lucy's definitely a genius, there's no doubt... I'd consider that reading :D You never know, you may get lucky, like we did when Madisyn moved to her twin bed. For some reason she never got out on her own, she'd just stay in her bed and call for us when she woke up. Not sure why, but it worked for us! Good luck!

Mindy said...

Wow - thankyou, it turned out just like I wanted. I'm hoping you're right about her staying in the bed... she's never tried to 'escape' from her crib or climb out... I guess I just can't believe she's this "grown up" already!

Chris Winkler said...

Wow, Mindy, I really like that wall! Now that we're expecting, I'm realizing that I need to glean as many good ideas as I can from others who have gone before us...