Saturday, May 31, 2008

Indiana Jones (Totally Biased Review)

Last night Ron and I saw Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull. It's been 19 years since the he rode off into the sunset in the Last Crusade, so I can understand why some people are wary of this moving being made in the first place.

However, we both thought it was good. I've read reviews that complain about it, but it's just supposed to be a fun action movie. It's not supposed to be a genius "film", it's just entertainment! There are plenty of good real stunts, (plus a couple scenes with overdone CGI), cheesy humor, cliché villains (don't they all have that to some degree?), and a supernatural element that might be a bit far-fetched... but if you have a good attitude going into it - instead of looking at ways it won't measure up to the first three - it's worth seeing. I mean, it's Indiana Jones afterall. I'd be remiss if I didn't see it on the big screen, since I was too young to have that chance with the originals.

No comments: