Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Vacation

To all my devoted readers (maybe 7 people or so), I want to let you know that tomorrow I am leaving for a long weekend in Maryland, with my sister, my mom, and my aunts. The six of us are going to go horseback riding, which should be especially fun for Pam, who is a former veterinarian and loves horses very much. Ron and I went horseback riding a couple years ago in SMYRNA, MI (tiny tiny town), and I loved it. Although we were both feeling it the next day. This is why trotting, although slower, is worse than galloping.

We are also going to see The Phantom of the Opera at the Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. I have been there once before, and it is a very impressive theater. Phantom should be an exciting show. It is the longest-running production in Broadway history, and I love the music. I've seen the movie... it was pretty good. derf. I'm sure the live musical will be amazing.

There are also unofficial plans to visit the Baltimore Inner Harbor (on the Chesapeake Bay) for some fresh seafood (crab!!!!). For as many times as I've been to Maryland (maybe 4 of 5) I've never been there... so I hope we can fit that into our weekend.

I am going to miss Lucy (I'll miss Ron too, of course!), and I will plan on calling maybe once a day to maintain a connection with the homestead. I completely trust Ron to take good care of her, so it's hard to explain my need to touch base. I'm not "checking in" on him, but this will be the first time I've been away from her for more than one night, and since she is such a huge part of my life, that's not something I can just shrug off for a few days. But, I will definitely enjoy the break from my normal routine, and I know I'm going to have a lot of fun. My MIL asked me if I was going to be okay away from Lucy, if I was going to miss her, etc. Of course I will, but I think it makes a person function better as a parent if they're able to get away every now and then, mentally recharge, and come back refreshed, patient, happy, and ready to dive back in. That and a glass of wine...

When I return I will take some time to reunite with my little family, and then I'll get right to blogging. I will have plenty of photos as usual...

2 comments:

Kelly said...

my photos are up on my picasa site :)

Mindy said...

gotcha... i just got mine on smugmug