Friday, August 31, 2007

Hope Alumni Whitecaps BBQ!

Last night Ron and I went to Fifth Third Ballpark for the Whitecaps game. Hope Alumni who registered were also able to enjoy an all-you-can eat barbecue beforehand. The weather was absolutely perfect, although it got a little chilly when the sun went down, and I was wishing I had a long-sleeved shirt.

We also got to spend some time with Amber and her husband, and another couple they live with, which I didn't realize until last night, but the other guy was someone else from the Pull team. Anyway, it was a lot of fun, and although we are in touch through blogs, we haven't seen each other since... the early 2000's? Well, it's been at least 6 years....

Last night also reminded me of my complete lack of Hope Alumni wear, and today my mom and Lucy and I went to Hope's bookstore to purchase a couple items. Lucy even got another (pink) Hope shirt (which she has to grow into a little bit). Then to Russ' for lunch. I have to say, being on campus is definitely very different now. Students were wandering around, most of them talking on cell phones, and the smell of lunch was wafting from Phelps Hall, and The Kletz while we were in the DeWitt Center. I love being around Hope, but I find it harder and harder to relate to the current students. I am a lot older now, and it's weird how much times have changed. Amber was telling me about how the housing department is having trouble because students are "learning" all about their assigned roommates through social sites like Facebook or MySpace, and are trying to switch! Definitely not a problem my class would have encountered. To them, I say, TOO BAD! Give each other a chance and you might be surprised at how many different people you can get along with! Kids today...

No comments: