Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Three Years

Yesterday was our 3 year anniversary so Ron took me out for for an evening in Holland - I wasn't clued in on where we'd be going, but I had a couple guesses in my mind, which turned out to be correct! At least he chose the things I would've wanted to do! First we went to dinner at Via Maria, our favorite Italian restaurant (on 7th Street), and we had a very nice dinner. As usual the server we had was outstanding and he got a very nice tip. I ordered way too much food, so we took some with us when we left.

After dinner we went to see She Loves Me at the Hope Theater in the DeWitt Center. Basic plot described on HSRT's site:
As anonymous pen pals, Georg and Amalia love each other as much as they loathe each other in person. We're the only ones who know the true story. In one of the sweetest and most beautiful musicals HSRT has ever done (last mounted in 1986), the songwriting team behind Fiddler on the Roof gives Hungarian embellishment to a favorite story told and retold in movies including "The Little Shop Around the Corner", "In the Good Old Summer Time", and "You've Got Mail".

It was pretty good, pretty funny, and I'm always amazed at all the work and passion that goes into theater productions.

We got back to the car and discovered that in the summer heat, our wonderful leftovers from Via Maria had turned the car quite smelly. Of course the food itself would be questionable, so sadly it had to be thrown out. What a waste! Oh well...

Then we went to New Holland Brewing Company for a "night cap". The place was pretty slow on a Tuesday night, but that was alright. We sat at the bar and had a couple drinks... and also saw Barry Bonds hit his 756th home run. We stayed till about midnight and headed home. I love that place.

It was nice to get dressed up (any time I go as far as to put in earrings...), and have a grown-up evening. I only almost fell two times in my heels (I don't think anyone saw... what's up with the polished wood floors!?). But really, it was a very nice night, and I love that we were in Holland - where our relationship really started out. There are a lot of memories around there, and it's fun to look at how much our lives have changed in just a few years.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Happy Anniversary (a day late)! I'm so glad you had such a nice night out to celebrate. :) Congrats!

Katie @ the terpblog said...

Yay for date nights!

So I feel bad for inviting you to Thursday's in the Park and then not being able to go myself...I'm going to be in Michigan City shopping tomorrow. After this I really should be there the next couple of weeks!

Mindy said...

ha ha - that's okay - I feel bad for missing them too! AND tomorrow we're looking at 2 houses - starting at 10:00 AM (so I would've missed Again!). Maybe we'll have to get together some other time / place...