Friday, August 03, 2007

Triathlon Eve

Tomorrow morning my sister will compete in the Whirlpool Steelhead 70.3 Triathlon in St. Joseph, MI. This is a half Ironman length race that involves swimming, biking, and running (like any triathlon, in that order). She has been training for what seems like forever, and tomorrow is the big day! My parents, Ron, Lucy, and I will gear up early tomorrow morning (I think I'm getting up at 3:30 AM) to try to be on the road by 4:30 or 5:00. That way we can find a place to park, and hopefully see Kelly before she goes in the water. The course covers a large area, and we're going to try to be at various points through the race to cheer her on. It's going to be a long day, and hopefully Lucy doesn't give us too much guff!!! ha ha. I think she'll do alright :) She'll have plenty to see!

We're going to try to take lots of photos and even a few video clips. Kelly's planning on finishing - as long as she isn't taken away in an ambulance for some reason! Let's hope that doesn't happen! It's a huge accomplishment just to show up for such a race and put forth the effort. We're all really proud of her no matter what, but I do believe she will cross the finish line...

No comments: