Wednesday, August 22, 2007

Note To Self

As I was lying in bed last night it finally hit me that Lucy could have been seriously hurt earlier that day when she pushed on a screen too hard, causing it to pop out of the window! From there it would've been about a 4 or 5 foot drop to the driveway. I guess at the time we just scooped her up and got her away from danger, like "phew", but later on I was thinking about the way things could have gone. I tried to brush that dreadful thought from my mind, because I know it won't be the last time we have a near miss. I hate to think of all the times growing up where my sister or I could have been injured, or worse, during everyday play and exploration, which I am sure caused our mom tremendous stress and fear. The fact is, we survived. There's only so much you can do to keep kids safe, and accidents will happen. Stupid, neglectful, could-have-been-prevented moments will rattle your cage enough to be more vigilant as your child becomes more and more determined to get into trouble. So, note to self: make sure baby does not throw herself out the window.

No comments: