Sunday, August 12, 2007

SOLD!

Well, pending inspections (which should be no problem) our counter-offer was accepted. We even ended up sliiiiightly higher than I was thinking we would, due to Ron insisting that we go for it. Their Realtor had called our Realtor twice since they put their offer in (yesterday) to find out our response, so it was obvious the buyer was anxious about it too.

We went over the initial offer early this afternoon, wrote our counter offer, and by this evening it was settled! Kind of makes your head spin!

We also checked out the foreclosed house again, just to go over the details a little more. We put an offer on that one, and will order an inspection very soon to make sure there are no red flags. If everything goes through with this, we will be raising a future Hudsonville Eagle!

It's exciting but also very scary now that the wheels are in motion. I hope everything goes smoothly... I just can't believe we're actually going to be in a different house by the time Lucy turns 1. Crazy...

6 comments:

Leticia said...

Yeah, yeah, yeah!!! I'm SO excited for you guys! Good luck with the house you're looking at, I hear Hudsonville is a great place to live ;) Can't wait to see pictures!

Katie @ the terpblog said...

Congratulations!! I am sooo jealous, but hopefully we will get an offer soon too. You will love being an Eagle :) (this might increase our odds of actually getting together sometime too!)

Mindy said...

thank you both - i am still in shock! katie i'm sure you'll get an offer very soon, it sounds like a few different people are interested. hopefully yours will be timed well with the closing of your next home. it's so hard to make a seamless transition!

Kelly said...

great news, mindy! i was away from my computer most of the weekend, so i just saw this now. congrats!

amberWIRE said...

Mindy! That is such great news about your house!! Want to hang out sometime? I am currently looking for jobs, so I'm available during the days if you want to grab lunch or something! Let me know!
ambercoxy@gmail.com

Heath said...

Woo Hoo! Congrats, keeping my fingers crossed for a smooth transition for you all!