Friday, October 19, 2007

Spinning

We went to Hagar Park again last night... I love how close our home is to such a nice park! We went late, so Lucy was already tired, but we wanted to burn through some time before putting her to bed. We went around 6:15 PM and managed to beat the storm. We went to the "old" playground part, and just sort of hung out casually. Lucy rode on the merry-go-round with Ron. I even took some photos of a couple of really beautiful girls who were hanging out on the swings smoking. A couple turned out pretty well, but I wish they would've looked less "posed"... they were happy to oblige though. Just goes to show you how talented Bill Wadman is with his portrait project. I wanted to practice on people I've never met before... and the weird thing is, older kids and teens are more conscious of the camera than a baby or toddler. So, I think it's actually more challenging to take their picture and have it look "natural" or capture their personality. Teenagers tend to put on an act when there is a camera pointed at them. Nothing remarkable came out, but this is just a nice "basic" portrait of one of the girls.


Anyway, this photo of Lucy turned out neat, with me on the merry-go-round with them - it made the background streak across. I should've thought of this a long time ago! Anyway, she was sleepy and the light was poor, but we might have to try something like this later...


Ron was playing around with the camera a little bit too... and came up with this very cool image:


It shouldn't be too difficult to figure out what it is, if you think about where we were. Another really cool effect that could be used when taking pictures of kids (as long as they're old enough to be safe!). However, it looks neat as is.

1 comment:

Ron said...

Hey! I took a nice photo, if I do say so myself! Wow.

I love the others too. That one of Lucy is a really nice photo ... I love the background being all blurry.