Tuesday, October 16, 2007

What Do You Think?

Here's one of many articles discussing the April 2 ceremony in Poland, marking the 2nd anniversary of Pope John Paul II's death. The images were just shown on the Today Show so I Google'd it. Pretty interesting. I know sometimes people can be skeptical about images, such as ones in smoke, fire, potato chips, etc. Especially in this digital era - things can be doctored up afterward and made to look like just about anything. The photographer claims he had no idea what he had until he took his camera home and his family pointed it out. I'm not as skeptical, and I tend to believe in strange things like this - even if people think I'm weird. Miracles have been happening for forever, but when they're caught on film people don't want to think it's real... unless they see it "live" with their own two eyes. Of course I wouldn't bet my life on the notion that the Pope made an appearance in a bonfire, but I'm not so quick to dismiss it either. I'm not crazy, I just either find it to be an amazing coincidence, or someone with too much time on their hands to edit photographs.

No comments: